After I published my last post with my review of A Simple Favor and saying how I now have zero desire to watch the movie, it got me thinking about books I have read which also happen to have movie versions.
If I read a book that happens to have a movie version, I may or may not then decide to watch the film. However, one thing that I will ALWAYS do after I finish reading the book is to immediately Google it and watch the movie trailer! Just seeing the casting choices and snippets 99 percent of the time is enough to fulfill my curiosity of how the movie was made (obviously I never do this before I finish reading the book as I avoid spoilers at all costs).
As I’ve mentioned in my list of 100 things that I love…I pretty much hate watching movies and will ALWAYS choose watching a tv show or reading a book for entertainment. Books and tv trumps movies anytime 🙂
However, if I DO happen to watch the movie version first….there is NO WAY I will then go and read the book! Never! I would be much more inclined to watch the movie after reading the book than the other way around although truthfully I usually just do one or the other.
Not to mention (and this should be an obvious statement but I’ll make it anyway), 99 percent of the time the book is better (one of the only exceptions to this rule might be this book but I still haven’t actually seen the movie). I do plan on doing an entire blog post on this topic soon 🙂
So how about you? Do you typically read the book or watch the movie version first? And if you do see the movie first…will you then go and read the book? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
8 Ways You Can Help Support Book Coffee Happy:
1. Subscribe with your email address to my blog (scroll all the way to the bottom of this page on mobile devices OR check the top right of this screen to enter your email address)
2. If you already have a blog, please “follow” mine
3. “Like” my Facebook page (and please comment on, “like”, and share my posts)
4. Follow me on Instagram
5. Follow me on Twitter
6. Subscribe to my YouTube channel
7. Clicking and buying products through my Amazon Affiliate links. The cost to you is exactly the same and I receive a tiny commission off of your purchases.
8. Leaving a positive review on my Facebook page