Hate is a strong word. It’s more like…I just don’t care about this book. The characters, the mystery, the back stories. Sometimes in life you just need to take your own advice and close the cover. Put the book down. Move on.
I tried. I did. I made it to page 69…and then officially called it quits.
I just couldn’t get into it. It was dark, it was weird, it was boring…it was just not for me.
People on Bookstagram (Instagram for book lovers) have been RAVING about this book. Maybe if I had stuck with it a bit longer? However, my theory remains that there are too many good books out there for me to have to “stick” with any of them. I usually try to at least read 100 pages but this time? Eh.
Perhaps if the library due date wasn’t here (without an option to renew) I may have a different opinion. But knowing that I would have to PAY to keep reading??? Nope.
My son and I have lots of errands to run this afternoon and a quick stop by the library return drop box will most definitely be included in them.
I was SO excited to read this! I’ve been waiting for months and I’m super disappointed! I absolutely hate when this happens.
Peace out, The Silent Patient
Did you read this book? What did you think? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
8 Ways You Can Help Support Book Coffee Happy:
1. Subscribe with your email address to my blog (scroll all the way to the bottom of this page on mobile devices OR check the top right of this screen to enter your email address)
2. If you already have a blog, please “follow” mine
3. “Like” my Facebook page (and please comment on, “like”, and share my posts)
4. Follow me on Instagram
5. Follow me on Twitter
6. Subscribe to my YouTube channel
7. Clicking and buying products through my Amazon Affiliate links. The cost to you is exactly the same and I receive a tiny commission off of your purchases.
8. Leaving a positive review on my Facebook page